The purpose of this forum is to provide a place for safe and secure communications for people who have been diagnosed with FTD and those who care for loved ones with FTD. Members are dedicated to supporting one another in a sensitive, respectful and sincere manner. This forum also encourages increased awareness of FTD within the medical community and the general public, with the belief that knowledge will bring improved access to support networks that are emerging on the internet and elsewhere.
Although we work very hard to keep this forum a safe place, please follow standard internet protocol. Please consider not sharing your full name, and do not share your home address, email address or telephone number. Please protect your personal information! Private information will be removed should it be noticed by a member of staff
Forum Rules and Guidelines
1. Our common denominator is a disease, although presentations and circumstances vary widely. Please refrain from judgmental posts. Kindness and respect are our passwords.
2. As a global group, our members' beliefs – political, religious, etc – are wide ranged. Members are urged to respect this by refraining from pursuing these topics in posts, except for in the areas provided specifically for them.
3. Posts that discuss sexuality as related to FTD are requested to be non-explicit.
4. All moderators are available to be contacted about any group issue or concern. Please know that in order to maintain a healthy, honest, and open dialogue this information will be shared amongst moderators.
5. The archives will be open to all members to read. Please keep in mind that future members will be able to read your posts, even if you are no longer a member of the forum.
6. The advice offered in this group is based solely on personal experience and opinion. It is in no way meant to override professional judgements.
Although the owners and moderators will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and the owners and moderators will not be held responsible for the content of any message.
Members may address medical, legal, accounting, or other professional issues, but users should not treat member responses as medical, legal, accounting,or professional advice. Such advice can only be properly given by qualified professionals who are fully aware of a user's particular circumstances.
By agreeing to these rules and guidelines, you warrant that you will respectfully follow them.
The administrators and moderators reserve the right to review materials posted in any area of the forum and to delete, remove or edit them, for any reason, at any time.
Because we respect and value the privacy of all of our members, there are a few simple steps in the registration process that must be completed before you will be allowed to view the forum.
- The first step is to register
- You will receive an email confirming your registration that you must respond to
- After you have responded to the email, a moderator will review your introduction and approve you. Once you have been approved, you will receive an email letting you know that you now have full access to the forum!